Thursday, September 01, 2005

After the long absence


Thanks to : Travels to Bombay and Pune, increased work load, resumption of reading and sheer laziness.

After making an unspoken vow for abstinence from blogging (was getting to addicted to reading blogs and trying to make mine look better!), I decided to finally get started again. Can’t really stay away from blogging for long.

Quick updates:

Am changing jobs to work with an NGO ( finally!) and I visited Matheran after 3 ½ years during the 15 Aug holiday weekend and discovered I don’t recognise the place with so many people around.

Some quotable quotes:

A colleague at work lamenting at the lack of salary revision mechanisms:-
“Salaries should be linked to petrol. They should increase proportionately with petrol rates.”

Truer words cannot be spoken. Anyone listening?
.................................................................

And while on salaries, another one:-
‘Work done not must be proportionate to salaries earned’

As a reminder to my belief that software professionals are overpaid (But money is always good, I know. At least someone at home should earn.) But also conforms to my moral dilemma as to why, how and when did the importance of manual labour reduce. Why are people who do such work treated as lesser human beings. Is brain-work overrated? If my office boy didn’t come for day one, the CEO, VP and all would suffer terribly. Imagine them having to go make their own coffee, clean their loos and clean their lunch plates; unthinkable no? As a woman I know how terrible my mood is the day the maid doesn’t arrive. One day is ok but two, oh my god! Eh, me and my rambling.
..................................................................


the third:
‘If you do not know where you are, you will never know where to go’

Dear me. Constant reminders of where I am, is important. Be is physically, mentally or emotionally. Only when I am aware of now, can I think/plan/ act for the future.

...................................................................
Back to the present. (See how aware I am). Work calls. Gotta go.
(The format of this post should be evidence enough about the number of reports and documents I have been churning out.)

1 comment:

Archana Bahuguna said...

hey hey hey .... :-) you need to see the life of software professionals before you comment that :-) ... they work 24/7 without being paid overtime ...

-software professional :-)